Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I caved....

I caved...big time.  Today I signed back onto my old facebook page.  It was just what I needed, moments after posting my return, I received many virtual warm welcomes.  I joke that with out facebook, life was boring and friendless... but in some ways it was truly a long and lonely experience.  Being a stay at home mom, often time for myself is hard to manage... and when you are friends with other SAHM's or even moms that work, it is hard to find time to socialize!

I had at one time felt tremendous guilt for even wanting to go back to the constant clutter of gripes, massive amounts of senseless pictures, and overdosing amounts of TMI, but then I remembered that there was more to it.  I felt supported, cared about, validated and heard.  In my craziness that I love to call my life, I need to have something outside my daily routine..and I need to reach out to others and try to be a light to the world.  I was missing prayer requests, deaths, births, friends needing help, and sharing their joys. 

When I left FB I had this romantic notion that I would be able to stay in contact with people via text, phone, email, and maybe just maybe, in person...but sadly, I was wrong.  It was way too easy to fall into the pit of social starvation in a world where no one picks up a pen or even dare to drop by unplanned, for a cup of coffee.  If you aren't connected by social media, you aren't connected.  It is truly sad...but it is our reality.  So, I caved.  I made a choice to stay connected with the people that I love...and even some I don't, on this crazy thing they call facebook.  I do however vow to keep my door open for those that dare stop in for a cup of coffee...a friend will always be greeted with a smile and hug and never be turned away.

Blessings to you all, may you be filled with the joys of friendship, and the warmth of a good hug from time to time. And never forget  the friend that may not be "connected", but still desires to feel included.

See you in on the www.
~K~

No comments:

Post a Comment