Sunday, October 23, 2011

From my heart to yours

How many of you feel like you are always busy, and your plate is always full?  I know that I feel that way sometimes.  We go through life always looking forward, sometimes even rushing through our days to get to the next.  I am saying slow down.  Enjoy each moment for what it is...good or bad...because you will never get that time back.  Some days I find myself rushing through and wishing the day would be over, and in doing so, I think I may be missing some important lessons...ones that I could learn and grow from. 

A while back I put some "wall words" up in my living room, and they read:  Be still and know that I am God. Ps. 46:10.  I look at these words everyday, several times a day.  One day I hope they sink in.  God puts certain people, places, thoughts, and circumstances in our lives, or in our way (depending on how you look at it) so we can learn and grow.  We need to stop rushing through life, even the bad days...we can learn by taking things one day at a time.  We can learn by being still...and knowing that HE is GOD.

Do you ever wonder what your busy life is saying to other people?  What kind of message are you sending?  Think about the legacy you may be leaving.  What are we teaching the people around us?  How about our kids?  Are we teaching them that laundry and paying bills are more important than watching them do a special trick, or singing a song for you?  What will people remember the most about you?  I think about my grandma...she has a way of always making me feel like I am the only thing that matters at that time.  She would worry about how clean the house was, or getting the wash done while I was with her.  She was happy to just spend time with me. 

I want my kids, friends, and family to remember those same things about me.  I don't want to be so busy doing other things, trying to make my life seem good, while life is really passing me by.  Maybe for one day, we can spend less time worrying about what other people will think if that basket of clothes is still there tomorrow, and spend more time loving our family and friends.

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. Pr 19:21.

Sometimes we just need to slow down and enjoy the ride.  Take time to enjoy life's little blessings.  Be still,  and quiet....take time to listen.

This is just one of many little tidbits I have written over the years, and I thought it was time to share it with you..I call these tidbits, my brain clutter...this is what keeps me awake at night, and makes me grab the paper and pen at my bedside.  I hope you can find these tidbits to be encouraging and uplifting.  Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment